A Romantic Classic

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife"

Haven't we all heard of this line? These are the famous lines that many of us believe. Don't we? These are the opening lines of the great classic "Pride and Prejudice". So, my today's blog is all about this classic romantic novel by one of the well known and widely read English novelists Jane Austen. With the story unfolding slowly like every other classic novel, its intriguing chapters held me tight to the book throughout. It is one of the 'classical classics' with a dull yet hard to understand writing style. 
When I started the book I had no expectations of how it will turn out at the end, and seeing the starting 2 chapters I knew I will end up not being able to complete it. But this held me to my nerves as soon as I entered the 3rd chapter. I never knew when it just ended. As soon as I was done with my daily chores, I would get hooked to the book and go on reading, which created a different world in my mind. Do you know what's the best part of reading books? That it gives you freedom of imagination. And for any mere person,freedom is sophisticated concept if he or she is not a artist or a reader. And this gripping novel of love, marriage and social status beautifully weaves in the ancient British Culture is nothing less than a fairytale. 
Jane Austin beautifully justified every character giving it a proper dynamic build-up especially to the protagonist Elizabeth and Mr Darcy, the two kindhearted shy characters who misunderstand each other at the beginning, around whom the whole story revolved and end of heads down the hill for each other by the end. The characters are well known for the lines that justify their character. 
"Have a little compassion on my nerves. You tear them to pieces."-These words of Elizabeth justify how Mr Darcy, the protagonist is and his impression on Elizabeth. Yet the end will surely shock the readers. 
The story gracefully painted a picture in my mind that how flaws in your partner can just be perfect only if you dare to accept them. Only if you have patience and compassion to accept each other even when you are not at your best. The story of "Pride and Prejudice" has its base on how the pride of one and the prejudice of other is capable every single bit to tear them apart but the acceptance holds them together. However, the film holds a slight contrast for the readers who have already read the book. 
It is no doubt a very beautiful read to all the classic romantic lovers and I would surely recommend this. This sets a standard of a perfect character blend in the traditions and cultures of British society. I would like to end my blog with the beautiful lines said by Mr Darcy to Elizabeth-
"You have bewitched me body and soul. And I love...I love...I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."

~Swetaleena Mishra

Comments

  1. Wow ... It's really beautiful ✨ Keep going Sweta 👏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts