Painting and Perception

"There resides a lone wolf in every single mind."
What's a painting without perception if not a bird without feathers. 
Like everyone else in their childhood, I did enjoy drawing. They weren't at all perfect no doubt but I never gave up. I still remember I was in first grade when we were assigned to draw something. I was called to the board to draw and I froze. Somehow I managed to do something and then I realised some were taunting and laughing at me but when I finished the same I realised no one had even started and been unable to draw even. The teacher appreciated me. When I looked back at the work I did, all I found was my interest and I guess that was the starting of all of it. 
My interest and my inclination towards painting have never left me alone, in  fact that fuelled my pursuit of art. 
To be a painter neither means to copy someone else's picture nor just painting your thoughts only. Every painter has a different and unique perspective in which he/she expresses. 

Understanding the perspective of the painter why one painted and painting your way to it is what defines you as a painter. This is something barely any teacher teaches you in painting schools. They just teach you the hows and whats but not why to paint. Because it takes years to understand a painters mind if you are not one of them. 
I don't have a different bone to paint or draw but just a different perspective that helps to stand out. Where people just see the beauty of colours blending in so well, I see the techniques and thought and the elegantly designed structures behind the composition. May it be a simple paper or canvas, for a painter what matters is how you hold the brush. In my opinion, innovation is a myth because everything is inspired by something. Every painting has its inspiration and its own story to tell. Being a painter you will hardly find anyone with firm beliefs and values and thinking aligning with yours. But it's ok there is no wrong being different. 
It's just how you see the world. For a writer, the whole world is black and white and for a painter the whole world is colourful. One thing that remains constant is that it remains beautiful.

~Swetaleena Mishra

Comments

  1. The eyes of a painter capture the details of each and every object around it . Be it good or bad , everything is brushed within the white frame . Few people will notice the flaws and the beauty in those flaws hiding amongst the different shades of emotions portrayed in the canvas .
    "Everyone can see the charisma in you but few will notice the flaws and still find the charisma in your flaws .❤

    -A anonymous Senior��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree to your words though..... It's hard to understand the perception of a painter n even hardest to get into their mind..... Cz they build a world for themselves in their mind n create the best out of it.... A painter just allows u to set bars for ur own perception that never matches to that of the painter's perception Mr Anonymous Senior.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Well , painter is an artist and so is an actor . I may not completely understand the perception of a painter but I am an actor and a director . As an actor and a director I can only relate to the perception of a painter . But I can't imagine how wonderful the world must be . I really look forward to take up a painter's character in future and understand it more deeply . ❤

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts